Well-balanced laundry chemicals have the right properties to tackle stains and dirt on textiles without degrading the fabrics themselves. Commercial and industrial laundry facilities rely on chemicals that have the right blend of cleaning properties, freshening characteristics, softeners, and color enhancing capabilities, all without putting the actual fabrics, clothing, and other products at risk. In industrial and commercial settings, the right chemicals are also essential in protecting the equipment from buildup or corrosion and ensuring your business stays efficient, effective, and profitable. Learn more about the range of laundry chemicals and chemical formulation capabilities we offer at Hibrett Puratex.
Types of Laundry Chemicals
Different laundry chemicals provide different functions throughout complex laundry processes. Choosing the right chemicals, from basic commercial laundry detergents to pre-treatment and post-treatment fabrics, makes all the difference in providing effective laundry services, ensuring fast and efficient business operations, and keeping your facility clean. Some of the different laundry chemicals we can process and distribute include the following:
- Bleaches: Bleach is a chlorine-based compound that can be used to remove stains and whiten textiles. Bleach should only be used at appropriate dilution levels and should only be used on fibers and fabrics that can handle the potentially harsh bleach effects. Specialty compounds like oxy bleaches can be used on textiles with colors, as well as white fabrics.
- Boosters: Boosters are commonly created as powders that can be applied to textiles to target stains that are embedded in the fibers or difficult to remove. Boosters both enhance the detergent and help condition the water to optimize the cleaning capabilities.
- Detergents (liquid, powder, and solid): Detergents are surfactants that don’t include soap. They can be chemically processed in a wide variety of forms based on the needs of particular fabrics and the dispensing system in your facility’s equipment. Detergents can be used in a wide variety of commercial facilities, including hotels, laundromats, and hospitals, and the compound is safe to use across most fabrics in hot or cold temperatures and with hard or soft water.
- Fabric Softeners: Fabric softeners are specially designed chemicals that make fabrics more pliable without damaging the fibers or the structure of the laundered fabric goods.
- Neutralizers: Commercial and industrial laundry facilities can have a wide variance in water conditions from facility to facility. Neutralizing compounds condition the water to neutralize alkaline compounds, minerals in the water, and other dissolved compounds. Neutralizers “sour” the cleaning environment and linens, so the pH of the fabrics isn’t harsh or abrasive on the skin and so the fabrics don’t become yellowed.
- Prespotters: These pre-treatment chemicals are applied to fabrics to remove potentially tough stains from dirt, grease, oil, make-up, and other compounds that otherwise permanently stain fabrics before washing.
- Starches: Starches are applied to fabrics to make them resistant to soil and stains by sealing the fibers within the fabrics. Starch is commonly applied to dry cleaned clothes.
We can also provide custom chemical blends of laundry products.
Laundry Chemical Applications
Some of the most common industrial and commercial applications for our industrial laundry chemicals include:
- Industrial cleaning services
- Automotive and aerospace fabric treatments
- Hotel and resort towels, linens, and uniforms
- Restaurant linens (tablecloths and napkins)
With the right chemicals, your facility can effectively wash clothing and fabric goods in bulk without compromising on quality.
Laundry Chemicals From Hibrett Puratex
At Hibrett Puratex operating as Barnett Laundry Supply, we supply our clients with detergents, bleaches, degreases, softeners, and more. Our products include:
- Sodium hypochlorite bleach (12.5%) and hydrogen peroxide bleach (32%)
- Alkaline detergents
- Sodium metasilicate
- Rust removers
- Oxalic acids
- Solar salt and ice melt salt
We also provide our clients with hangers, hampers, carts, and other laundry accessories. Contact us today to learn more about our products and capabilities.